No lies here. I’ve been incredibly busy at work, which is when I usually keep tabs on all the games of the world. I actually do work too, but most of the time I’m waiting on requirements and I get to peruse the interwebs and all their glory.
I just managed to get around to reading the crafting FAQ. There’s so much win in there, I can’t put into words just how excited I am to try Prime. I’ll try though!
1. 1,000 points to max a crafting skill. It was all to easy to get 300 points in WoW or 280 or whatever in Rift. Having 1,000 points necessary means it’s going to take some time. That leads to a more manageable economy as every Tom, Dick and Harry won’t be out there filling the AH with useless wares. I’m all for competition, but sorting through pages of useless crap is annoying.
2. Maxing secondary crafts at 200. This reminds me a lot of DAoC before the “accessibility patches” that took the fun out of crafting. With only 200 points, you’ll be able to bump your lowbies up a bit, but you won’t be able to be self-sufficient in every aspect. You’ll have to spend quite a few hours to get to 1,000 in every craft (see why I like #1?)
3. Considering crafting hubs. I love this idea. The sadistic part of me really wants some of those hubs to be PvP enabled. I remember crafting in a keep in DAoC and get wtf ganked in the middle of an order. What a pain.
4. Crafting skill gains depend on combat skill. This is really going to help stave off the lowbie crafting twinks. I don’t mind those twinks really, but this will get people out doing PvP, which I love more.
5. Biotech. I’ve already mentioned that I love the idea of armor augments. With the decay of items, this profession seems like it will be in high demand.
6. Espionage System – Stealing trade secrets sounds pretty sweet. I look forward to ganking some sweet recipes and then murdering the person I stole them from.
Needless to say, I really want to give this a try. Mix this system with a fully-realized open-world PvP system and I’m in love. I cannot wait for this game to come out.