To say I’ve been furiously coding is…an understatement. Next week I’ll be lifting the hood on quite a few new features, as well as opening up all the classes for configuring. I’d have done this today, but my ISP has been a little less than reliable this week. No excuses, though. Changes are coming.
I’m confident enough in the technology at this point to actually lift the hood. Akin to how Mythic only talks about stuff that is highly likely to happen, I’d like to do the same. Here’s what’s coming up, and when it’ll likely happen:
- Weapons. Not always as straight forward as Armor, but necessary when figuring out those final stats. (Next Week)
- Open to all Classes – I’m sure everyone is thrilled with the Choppa Builder. It’s been a lot easier developing for one class, and extrapolating it out. Expect to see these open up over the next week or so, with all being available on Friday October 1st.
- Spec Configurations – I know there’s more than one way to play a class. Some like a DPS Shaman, while others prefer to straight heal. One layout wouldn’t fit all in this case. You’ll be able to flip back and forth between different play-styles, and The WARdrobe will alter its layout to accommodate. There will even be specs for classes that have multiple weapon configurations (eg Choppa, Slayer, etc). This should roll out next week as well. (Note: Users will eventually be able to configure their own spec layouts, adding/removing columns as they see fit. This is a bit further down the road, though)
- Template Bookmarking – You shouldn’t have to rebuild your template every time you go to the site. Starting next week, you’ll be able to snag a link and either send it to a friend, or bookmark it. The WARdrobe will pick back up where you left off.
- Talismans – Even though they don’t add a whole lot as far as stats go, they still help you get a better overall picture of your plan. There’s a bit more work to do as far as Talismans go, so this could take up to 3-4 weeks to get out the door.
- Community Center – There’s no way I can physically parse every item in the game. I’ve done the math, and it’s just not possible. Enter in you, the community:
- Public AddOn – With the addon installed, every time you hover over an item, it is logged to a text log on your computer.
- Data Uploading – If you take that file from your logs folder, you’ll be able to upload it to The WARdrobe and your items will enter into a queue for approval. Once approved, they will make it out into the live site.
- Stat Tracking – More for the curious, The WARdrobe will keep track of every item you see, and attach it to your profile.
- Forum Signatures – What better way to show how big a WAR fan you are, than by banners attached to your profile?
- Achievements – Show off to your friends just how much you have contributed. Achievements range from anything such as finding 100 undiscovered items, or finding 20 complete armor sets. The finer details are still being worked out, but this should be fun and add social draw to the site
- You can expect to see the Addon, Uploading and Tracking over the next week. Achievements and Forum Signatures should be coming in the next month.
- More – there’s more than just these on my plate, but I’m not quite ready to lift the lid on them just yet. You’ll see these updates happening over the next week to month, but you’ll also see updates in between.
I hope this glimpse has helped show you what I’m going for in The WARdrobe. I’m excited about this project, as I feel it fills that certain niche players have been craving for some time now. I hope you’re as excited as I am. 🙂
Waaagh out and have a good weekend!