During the “great downtime of 2010”, I had some time to work on the tooltip system as well as fix a handful of issues with the site. Read on for some patch notey goodness.
- Now there are tooltips for Armor and Weapons now exist on the site. Hover something for more info without having to view it. Anywhere there’s armor, you should see the tooltips. The exception is the ArmorBuilder page. That has some “other” stuff coming to it. 🙂
- Main Menu
- The main menu has been replaced. It was flashy and neat, but damn did it piss a lot of people off. The new one is quite a bit more tolerant to the hovering off a menu item for a second. Feedback welcome on this (as it is on anything else). Props to Charlotte over at WHA for the suggestion. Was a snap to swap in!
- Career Builder
- The Career Builder will now tell you what Level and Rank you need to be for said build. It previously only showed Rank.
- Career Builder
- Career Builder should no longer default to the Shaman is no class is specified. It will instead direct you to the class-selection page.
- Career Builder should no longer cause you to go back to the Abilities listing when you are directed back from the class-selection page.
- Career Builder is now case-insensitive when specifying a class via the URL
- Searching By Attribute
- Search will no longer allow you search with no stat selected
- Search will no longer display empty named items
- Search will no longer display multiple copies of the same item
- Search will now sort by stat and then item name
- Weapons are now included in the search.
- Weapon and Armor Lists
- The Filters for the Armor and Weapon listing will no longer break when sorting by rank
- Tooltips should no longer float off the bottom of the screen. By default, the tip will display above the mouse. In the event the tip is too close to the top of the window, it will display below.
More changes are coming, so don’t forget to keep checking back. If you find any wonky issues, let me know!
Have a good weekend!